My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday, July 21, 2014

What is a...





Friend?


I was terrified of coming to this stage of my life. I was afraid I was going to feel too old or be a huge stick in the mud. My life wasn't ready to take a complete mature level or so I thought.

I may not be five but I giggle. I have many reason to giggle. One of the main reasons is I have friends. They aren't constant friends. We don't do insane things. We don't drown our sorrows. Instead we lift each other up.

Part of the real reason why I love my friends is because there is rarely jealously. We just don't put up with it. If we think someone is being jealous in our true group of friends we call them out on it because it really needs to be addressed.

I smile as I write this thinking that even at 30 I am still making new friends. +Jessica walked briskly into my life and gives me several reasons to smile, laugh and most of all giggle. The things listed above in the graphic is what friends do.

People who say you have to look out for yourself are sad people who don't know how to really be a friend themselves. I have never said looking out for yourself was a good thing because it isn't. I have always had friends in my life. Yes most of the time they are family. We bicker and fuss but we laugh by the end of the conversations.

Tonight I was laughing so hard I swear the little one inside me thought "Oh yay vibrating bed!" Hearing two tiny tots become friends is the most amazing thing. Not to mention listening to them try to be grown up like their parents is the most adorable thing. These tots know what it takes to be friends why do adults forget these lessons? People need to stop getting their knickers in a knot and just accept life with full forgiveness and loving ways.

I realized tonight as I hug up the phone; life is full of unexpected little presents and I plan to cherish them all now. Including Disney squeals, gutter talks, and planner conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment