My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Keep On

Dating You Husband

Tonight was a blessing and I truly felt love and happiness from Matthew. We went on a date tonight. He did the whole asking and everything which made me giggle. That extra effort of really asking me to go on a date makes a world of difference. It shows he really wants to go out and that he cares about our relationship.

We got babysitters for my children and they were happy to go somewhere else instead of just hanging around home or Gene's house. We actually dressed up and then went out. It felt good. I bought a new maternity dress and some maternity stockings. I felt gorgeously drop dead sexy. I curled and waved my hair and I piled on the make-up (even though my 5 year old niece Avary told me I look better without make-up.) 

It honestly feels good to know I can still make his jaw drop. I know it's sort of vain, but it's good for a girl's morale to see their significant other with their jaw down and their eyes big because of how you look. Sure the look of endearing is amazing. But knowing you have that man sweating in his socks makes you feel like a bombshell. "Woah..." Plus knowing I have a small beach ball protruding from my middle section and he still thought I was "svelte" made me have a thousand mega watt smile. 

We haven't forgotten how much in love we are like a lot of couples who start thinking of their future of getting old or their families. We reminiscence a lot about how it was when we first met and how we were in the same locations a lot of the time and never really got to know each other. It always feels good to remember the beginning and we laugh at how nervous we were and how he thought for sure I was a lot younger than I was. Our car ride tonight consisted of us listening to old music. "Ignition" by R. Kelly anyone? 

I had know idea where we were eating. He wanted to surprise me so much so I decided to let him. Epiphany was where we ended up. I love the environment there and felt good to talk over good food. We talked about things with our careers. He intrigued me with his questions about my planner. I am way too excited about this planner. So while I was eating my scallops we got onto the discussion about our tiny princess who didn't have a name. We came up with a few but none that we really like. Little Katherine Ember will be here soon!

He drove down to the Riverwalk and he turned on his music on his phone and we danced by the water and laughed. It felt amazing. The baby was kicking and we were laughing, singing, and dancing. People complain too much during pregnancy. Get over yourself people have been having babies forever, you having one is nothing new. This is why I try to stay upbeat and refuse to lay around unless my midwife tells me to do so. And thank goodness she hasn't. So Matthew and I went dancing in the moonlight. We felt warm and bright and it was such a natural sight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment