My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday, July 19, 2014

60



Today is my birthday,

It is one that I have been dreading for the last 5 years. I used to throw the biggest fit and just cry thinking about it. Today was not like that though. Today I realized something profound; this is the best 30 years anyone could ever ask for in a life.

Yes, my life hasn't been perfect. I have made many mistakes, but I admit many things that I used to blame on others was really something I did myself. For instance, I realize that many times the things I wore the and the things I did brought the attention. Plus, my entire attitude brought the bad attention and not the good.

I look around and I finally see the blessings that I thought were in disguise but were wide out in the open like I always dreamed. I have a loving family; husband that adores me and my children. My darling angels; Bella who is finally growing up, Edward who is too grown up, AJ who is exploring the world, tiny little girl inside me, and Jake who looks down at me from heaven reminding me to be on my best behavior even when it's hard.

Yes, life isn't perfect. I have lost both my parents already. I have lost a child. I have had my heart broken several times. But I don't dwell on these things I remind myself that sure the world will care or say they care for about a day but things happen to everyone and everyday. The world shouldn't pity me. I can take care of my life myself.

I have a wonderful career. I get to do what I love and not settle for some second rate job. I get to meet all kinds of people with my jobs. That's one thing I love is having a network that I can trust and realize they have my back in decision making and moving forward with a plan.

I don't regret having money. If you think you can make me feel guilty, well, you won't be the first one to try but you won't succeed. I have worked hard for my money. Many people think it is just handed to me. It is not my fault you can't go to college or you didn't keep going to college to keep showing how serious you are about your career. Also many times I see people that tell me I should be ashamed no I have been on the poor side of town. I don't intend to move back there if I can help it. I went into a profession that I loved and not because of the money. That makes all the difference.

So basically at the end of my 30th birthday I can look around and see all the wonderful family and friends I have and realize that if I can get another 30 years like the last ones I'll be doing amazing. Bring on 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment